Thursday, May 24, 2012

Weigh In and Uh Oh

Well, yesterday was another weigh in, and it was good! I have gotten below 240! I stepped on that scale and it said "239". HOORAY. Yesterday was also a measurement day, and I'm happy to say (sans my quads, which are three inches bigger, but they're leaner. THANK YOU SPIN CLASS!) that everything has gone down. Bicep, abs, waist, hips, calves, and yes - even the girls have shrunk a couple inches! (HALLELUJAH to that! For those who don't know, I've been extremely busty my whole life).

Anywhoo.

So it was a pretty good day all over yesterday. I made it to spin and it was a great class. I stayed WELL below my 1600-1800 calorie (finished the day at about 1450). It was nice. Today, however, was less nice. Today was my department's Summertime Potluck. Yeah, I'm sure a lot of you can already guess where this is headed.

That was the first plate I had. Then I had a second plate just like that one... with the addition of a pulled pork sandwich. And a chocolate chip cookie. le sigh. I had known that today was the potluck, so I had a light breakfast and planned a light dinner. I had hoped to stay below the 1600-1800 calories, but alas, I'm at just about 1800. I guess that's better than a 2400+ calorie day like I used to have. I'll get over it, but right now I feel like stewing. :)

Things are going well enough, just still not as fast as I would like. But I guess I just have to accept that and work with what I have! :)

2 comments:

  1. Stop stewing. You were under 2000 cals and, to me, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with falling off the bus for one meal once in a while. And you're still under 2k calories for the day so, don't stew. :P

    Keep up the excellent work. Putting on muscle DOES feel weird ...

    ReplyDelete