Wednesday, June 27, 2012

And the Shrinks Keep on Coming!

Yup, that's right! Last Wednesday was weigh-in day, and a momentus one at that... but I got so busy that I forgot to post! Last Wednesday I hit the 30 pounds lost mark! YAY! *the crowd goes wild* I am now at the weight I was back in August of 2007 when I first started going to health coaching sessions at the clinic in my office.

So today (being Wednesday) was another weigh-in day, but today was also a measuring day. I stepped on that scale and was completely shocked by what I saw: A great big, digital 234! That's three whole pounds down from last week! That brings the total loss since September of 2011 to 33 pounds. And six of the seven measurements were down as well, from .25 of an inch to a whole inch (my arms and quads).

YIPPEE!!!!

So when last I wrote it was just over a month ago (sorry! I didn't realize how much time had actually passed), and there have been some other changes than just my inches and mass. I feel as though I am in the midst of a paradigm shift where food is concerned. Don't get me wrong - I'm still completely obsessed with food. But I feel like my obsession is more on how I can create yummy yet healthy foods. It's more about eating to live (and give my body the right foods so I can use them the best) and less about living to eat.

I have found a new website for recipes and ideas: Foodgawker. It's like Pinterest, but with food! I find it amazing. There are so many ideas there and more are posted at least once a day. I also find a lot of international foods (sometimes the recipes are written in foreign languages. Thank goodness for Google Translate!) which I absolutely love to try. And I still find myself looking up a lot of the sweets, but when I look at them now I try to find healthy substitutions where I can, like applesauce for oil, etc.

Also, another triumph (though seemilngly small on the surface) is my personal NO MORE SODA campaign.  I have a strange relationship with the bubbly, often times sickly sweet beverage. I used to like drinking soda... a lot. I mean, I could but away a 24 pack of Coca~Cola in a day! But now I find that I'm not such a fan. And yet I will drink can after can if it is available, each can tasting worse and worse, but I still keep chugging away. So Sunday night I made a promise to myself and the Universe. I will not drink another soda (unless it's splashed in a Rum & Coke or some other delicious adult beverage). I don't like the taste anymore and it's SO not good for you. I think I just kept drinking because it was a mental habit/addiction. But so far, so good. I am 2 days soda sober. I CAN DO EET!

2 comments:

  1. Rum and Coke is the only way I take my soda now. It makes the drink quite a treat. And I'm trying to avoid beer (although that's been WAY harder).

    You can do eet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soda sober?! That's awesome! Dang girl, you're doing so well! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete