Tuesday, August 28, 2012

B and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad (food) Day!

     Yeah... today has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day for food consumption. I have eaten far more homemade chocolate chip and toffee cookies than I care to share, or should have even thought about LOOKING at, let alone CONSUMING. sigh. Cookies, and sponge cake, and multiple cups of coffee with creamer... yikes. I'm not even going to put totals in my food logger because I know it would just scream, "HORRIBLE!" (Okay, not really. It would just show my overage in a bright red box, but you know...)

     I'm feeling really down about all this right now. I feel incredibly silly/stupid for having allowed myself to "go crazy" like this. And the day before the initial weigh-ins for the Biggest Loser competition at my work! SERIOUSLY SELF?! *facepalm*

     To try and put a positive spin on it, I have told myself that having a (slightly) higher starting weight for the competition could lead to a (slightly) more impressive finish... if, as a friend of mine said to me today, I can "get my ass in gear!". That last part is proving difficult psychologically today. I keep thinking to myself that I've already blown the competition with today and I shouldn't even try.

    Yeah - I've told that part to SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! I know I haven't blown the competition. I know that I can just "start over", right now, right this very millisecond even. But I also know that now I am going to have to work just that much harder to achieve my goal for this competition. But that's alright. I'm going to put on my proverbial blinders and just "compete" with myself. I can do this, I know I can. And I'm going to blow that nay-saying part of my crazy girl brain right out of the friggin water!

              Yeah, that's the ticket! PEW PEW PEW SILLY SELF!

No comments:

Post a Comment