Monday, August 27, 2012

And So it Begins... Again!

     That's right, folks! My work is graciously holding another Biggest Loser competition this year, and I am participating. This should (hopefully) be my last year as I plan to reach my long-term goal by mid-May 2013.

     Last Wednesday was a weigh-in day and I'd dropped another 2 pounds. That made 46 total since last September (at the first competition). I currently reside at 221. This Wednesday is the initial weigh-in/assessment for the competition. I'm hoping to be down at least 1 more pound. My goal for the competition - which is lofty but doable - is to lose 40 pounds. It goes from September 1 to December 29th. Weigh-ins every Wednesday, and they're offering a special group fitness class every Saturday. Due to my working weekends again, I won't be able to go to every one of those, but I have my own schedule done up. It's going to be intense, but I really want to win this year!

     I took the last couple weeks off of exercise. The first week was by accident (kept over sleeping) and then last week because it felt good to have a break. I think I may have been a bit burned out and didn't realize it until I was resting. But this week I am back at it. Had my last Monday morning Zumba class today (will be attending an evening class during the school year so I can take the kids to school with my husband). Tomorrow lifting, and Wednesday Spin in the AM. Then the initial weigh-in. Hopefully my break wasn't too detrimental.

     Super excited! Hopefully I can keep this energy up for the next 4 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment